Home | Gunner's Lodge | Gunner's Mess | Overberg | Photo Gallery | Bookings | Contact Us
Napier Bed and Breakfast Accommodation
Accommodation Gunner's Lodge
Gunner's Lodge offers quality B&B accommodation to all travelers passing through
Napier. This comfortable bed and breakfast guesthouse is situated in Napier
in the Overberg region of the Western Cape, South Africa, and is ideal for
travelers looking for country holiday accommodation near Cape Town.
- The lodge has a total of 4 guest rooms.
- All rooms have en suite bathrooms including a family suite with one double room
joined with a twin room.
- All rooms are equipped with DSTV multi-channel TV service as well as tea/coffee makers.
- Full English breakfast and a bottomless cup of coffee included.
- Lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the adjacent restaurant,
- Relax in the large communal guest lounge.
- Laundry service.
- Wheel-chair friendly.
- Deck overlooking the valley.
- Local tours and horse riding arranged on request.
- On-site certified Tour Guide available by prior arrangement.
Your hosts are Gunner and Rosemary of Coffee Shoppe
and Diner fame of Long Street in Cape Town where they established a world
wide following based on their friendly disposition towards tourists. Gunner is an
ex-pilot and now a certified national tour guide, ready to help you plan
your trip through the Cape and the rest of South Africa. The Gunner's Lodge boasts great local
cuisine and of course GOOD Coffee. Gunner and Rosemary's new restaurant,
Gunner's Mess, built on the site of
an original trading store of 1870, is also now open.
||R 350 per night
||R 295 per night per person sharing
*During local festivals and event weekends
a rate of R590 per room per night applies. Includes breakfast.
Book your Napier Bed and Breakfast accommodation at Gunner's
Lodge now and avoid hassle.
Comments from previous visitors to the Lodge
We were really impressed, Gunner & Rosemary were perfect hosts. The room was
airy, clean & cool (travelling in December). The bathroom was a treat
especially the loo with a view! Although they were closed for dinner the
evening we stayed they booked us into a really great restaurant right
across the street were we had the best pizza ever! The breakfast the
next morning was the best. — Anonymous,
We deserved a weekend away? A tranquil, peaceful, fun weekend in a country atmosphere? A weekend where you can relax in a beautiful setting that is comforting and homely? Where the people are friendly and know your name, you have scrumptious breakfasts served to you when you wake up? No question about it . . . . . . . Gunners is the place to go! We have been going there for four years now and have to drag ourselves away each time. We look forward to our next visit there again soon!!
— Anne, South Africa
Things to do in Napier:
Napier residents have several private collections and crafts on offer for
the visitor to view and purchase:
- Leon's hand made lead chess sets and vast collection of militaria
in All Sorts shop.
- Ardrie's crafts and Bric-a-Brac and delicious scones and coffee.
- Alan's private Toy Museum and gallery of water colors.
- Rose's working toy steamboats.
- Rudi's stained glass factory,
Hero Stained Glass, for exquisite works of stained
- Visit the Napier Farm Stall for Pan Breakfasts, teas and lunches.
- Greta's Bric-a-Brac
offer a timeless sense of a bygone era.
- Giant world famous vertical sundial - the biggest in SA.
- Napier Antique Shop - also the sole manufacturers of sugar sticks
in South Africa.
- Napier also offers horse riding, fynbos trails, quad bike trails and hiking.
- Not to forget the annual "Patatfees" and the "Foot of Africa" road race.
- Come to the Southern Tip of Africa and try to spot the Blue Crane, our national bird.
It is also a geologist’s dream with 400 million-year-old rock formations.
59 Sarel Cilliers Street, Napier
Telephone (028) 423 3890 Fax: 086 620 8643
South Africa Napier Bed and Breakfast Accommodation